[CentOS] security updates?

Alain Péan alain.pean at lpp.polytechnique.fr
Fri Mar 18 08:13:46 UTC 2011

Le 18/03/2011 01:32, Timothy Murphy a écrit :
> I don't think the OP did ask when 5.6 would be ready.
> What he/she said, IIRC, was that Karanbir had suggested
> that 5.6 would be out last week,
> and he/she was asking if there had been a problem.

This is exactly the point. I can add that all my CentOS servers are on
an internal network, that I can consider as secure, so the release of
5.6 is not critical for me. I can wait for next week, or the week after,
or even after, no problem for me.
But indeed, as Karanbir suggested that the release of 5.6 was almost
ready, I was just asking for news a week after.

> This seems a perfectly reasonable question to me.

To me too...

> However, I don't think people who ask reasonable questions politely
> should be castigated for doing so.

Yes. And my opinion is that a "Community project" should inform its
community on a regular basis, at least once a week. I don't ask for news
every hours.

Alain

Alain Péan - LPP/CNRS
Administrateur Système/Réseau
Laboratoire de Physique des Plasmas - UMR 7648
Observatoire de Saint-Maur
4, av de Neptune, Bat. A
94100 Saint-Maur des Fossés
Tel : 01-45-11-42-39 - Fax : 01-48-89-44-33