[CentOS] exclude the latest php

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 15:27:17 UTC 2011

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 10:29 AM, Tim Dunphy <bluethundr at gmail.com> wrote:
> hey guys,
>
> I'm attempting to install php 5.2.7 using the webtatic repo.. but it
> looks like my exclude isn't working.. I'd appreciate it if someone
> could point out the mistake I'm making/flaw in my approach...

Why are you doing this when you can grab the php53 SRPM's from our
favorite upstream vendor and rebuild them for local use? They're
admittedly hung up for CentOS release behind the CentOS 5.6 release,
but these should resolve your dependencies for a more recent PHP.

(See the old thread with me in it for commentary about why it is, or
isn't, in in the CentOS channels yet.)