[CentOS] {OT] Re: Installing IMA (Integrity Measurement Architecture) on CentOS 5.5

Bowie Bailey Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com
Thu Mar 24 19:06:42 UTC 2011

On 3/24/2011 2:48 PM, Rajagopal Swaminathan wrote:

> I never understood the term "Hig Availability" : does it mean
> available as in "soliciting" ?

"High Availability" means that you are pushing toward 100% uptime for
your services.  You try to make sure that no one event can take you down.

> What exactly is "production" use? (I know DEV, UAT, blah, bla,  tla
> etc been there done that and I don't have the T shirt - nobody gave me
> one)

"Production use" basically means that you are using the
software/hardware/whatever in a situation where you are relying on it.
In other words, not in a development, testing, or other non-critical
application.  The best example of "Production use" is a company's main
website or mail server.

--
Bowie