[CentOS] {OT] Re: Installing IMA (Integrity Measurement Architecture) on CentOS 5.5

Rajagopal Swaminathan raju.rajsand at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 01:19:09 UTC 2011

Greetings,

Thanks for your reply.

On 3/25/11, Denniston, Todd A CIV NAVSURFWARCENDIV Crane
<todd.denniston at navy.mil> wrote:
> So have you and your boss prearranged a "level of operational
> performance will be met during a contractual measurement period"?
> Something like: The system will be available to the users in the
> building 90% of the time when the local power grid is powered up?

:)

I understand that and have tried to do just that for a long time...
Explaing to PHBs that computer services will take about half an hour
to be on as usual, fruitlessly.

Almost all of them younger to me by biological age.

Even today I am doing that to my current boss who is biologically and
technologically younger to
me in FLOSS but elder to me in Micrsoft products.

<rant>

sigh... What all things a man has to do to keep his family afloat.

I have strived to make it available as soon as I could boot at least
one of those beasts as those fedora 3 and then Centos nodes.

Well I am not managing those beasts after Jan 2008. So no bother at
this point of time.

This whole HA thing was between Aug 2005 to Dec 2008 in my stint when
I had owned the process of camera ready publication using only F3 and
CUPS which was released by Shri N. R. Narayanamurthy, (estwhile CEO,
Infosys):

http://vpmthane.org/pub%20-%20research%20vol%202005-6/home.htm

and part during http://vpmthane.org/pub%20-%20research%20vol%202005-6/home.htm

In the same timeframe I had presented some other papers too:
http://orientalthane.com/abstracts.pdf

http://orientalthane.com/Inst%20Abstract%202005.pdf

and some few more forays into academia where I could not make way
further due to lack of paper qualifications
</rant>

Oh! ignore those few silly articles by me in that.

May I know if we have a centos-social list like IRC where we can rant
about our experiences?

Oh, some memories are so vivid and sometimes livid.

Above IMHO,

Regards,

Rajagopal