[CentOS] The delays on CentOS 5.6 are causing EPEL incompatibilities

Mon Mar 21 12:08:17 UTC 2011
Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel at gmail.com>

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 12:51 AM, Matthew Feinberg <matthew at choopa.com> wrote:
> I don't see the problem here. I just tested this and it works fine. The
> drupal6 package only requires php 5.2 or greater.

Right. The php53 package is in the upstream vendor's updates, all of
which are held up for CentOS release behind the 5.6 release. I'd like
to see it get somewhere into the CentOS 5.5 releases, even if it's one
of a select few components in the "updates" that are published in the
5.5 release.

It's hard to consider CentOS "equivalent to the upstream vendor's OS"
if the updates are so far behind that commonly available packages are
incompatible with it.