[CentOS] cobbler installation of CentOS-5.5

Mon Mar 28 15:48:25 UTC 2011
Rainer Duffner <rainer at ultra-secure.de>

Am 28.03.2011 um 17:37 schrieb Timothy Murphy:

> m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>
>>> 2. The CentOS OS seems to be available in 7 or 8 CDs.
>>> (I tried downloading the DVD ISO with ktorrent,
>>> but this was a complete failure.
>>> It started OK, but then created literally thousands of links
>>> to one file, which brought my server down,
>>> and left it in a state which was quite hard to clean up.)
>>
>> Dunno. Last time I brought down the DVD iso, I had no trouble just
>> doing a
>> straight d/l, no torrent.
>
> Where did you find the DVD ISO?

Here, e.g.:
http://mirror.switch.ch/ftp/mirror/centos/5/isos/x86_64/

> I need to indicate where "cobbler import" should look, I assume.

Normally, you loopback-mount the DVDs at /mnt/bla
and then you point cobbler at /mnt/bla

But, with the 5.5 release consisting of two DVDs, I'm no longer 100%
sure how I imported them.
Best ask on the cobbler-ML...

Rainer