[CentOS] community communication

Steve Castellotti sc at eyemagnet.com
Tue May 3 08:15:22 UTC 2011

On 05/03/2011 02:59 AM, Akemi Yagi wrote:
> Forum Announcement is yet another place you may want to check:
>
> http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=25878&forum=53
>
> The latest (post #9) says:
>
> "What I can tell you, as a result of my recent communication with
> Karanbir, is that the last few packages are now being worked on and it
> is hoped that both trees (32- and 64-bit) will be with the QA team by
> about 10th May. Please remember, any date mentioned is just an
> estimate and is not set in stone."

     Ah excellent, thank you.

     I hadn't considered the web forums.

     May 10th for reaching QA sounds reasonably like release might land
in the 1-3 month than 3-6 month range which is in line with our needs.

     Again thank you for the quick response - even if one wouldn't mind
more consistent and frequent "official" updates!

Cheers