[CentOS] community communication

John R. Dennison jrd at gerdesas.com
Tue May 3 10:38:02 UTC 2011

On Tue, May 03, 2011 at 05:53:23AM -0400, Phil Schaffner wrote:

> I will leave it to core team members to comment on how "official" it is,
> but the "CentOS Announcements" link is available from the menu bar at
> the top of the home page or from any Forum page.  It points to content
> that is updated frequently.
>
> https://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewforum.php?forum=53

	This would be fine if it was inclusive of all bits of
	information from the sources I mentioned.  Simple case in point
	was the centos twitter blurb from 4/18/2010 or if it includes
	the most recent centos twitter from a short time ago.

	People want to see this type of information, no matter how
	trivial it may appear; there wouldn't be 7,406 followers if not.
	This is what I meant in my previous reply; to get all this
	information they need to follow twitter _and_ the announcement
	forum thread _and_ the mailing list.  Perhaps the new website
	design will permit better data funneling but right now that's
	not available.

	If it all goes to the forum thread, that would be fine.

							John

--
It has always seemed strange to me that in our endless discussions about
education so little stress is laid on the pleasure of becoming an educated

-- Edith Hamilton (1867-1963), educator and writer, Saturday Evening Post,