[CentOS] EL 6 rollout strategies? (Scientific Linux)

Craig White craig.white at ttiltd.com
Mon May 16 21:10:28 UTC 2011

On May 16, 2011, at 11:47 AM, Johnny Hughes wrote:

> Now, not only do I need to bust my ass to provide it to you for free,
> but I also need to do other things for you to.  I need to provide you
> access to stuff and I need to track things in a different way and I need
> to setup elaborate systems.  AND, I need to tell you exactly how I build
> it too.
>
> Can't you ungrateful bastards take the free software I make by following
> the licensing requirements and be happy with that?

----
can't say that in all the years I've been using FOSS/Linux that I've ever seen the maintainers have such open disdain for their users. Clearly they have gotten a massive code base for free and though the cost of assembling it into a redistributable system is not inconsequential, it's clear that if this attitude was prevalent, we wouldn't have the massive code base available as it were.

Craig