[CentOS] OT: RHEL 6.1 is out

Markus Falb markus.falb at fasel.at
Thu May 19 14:40:54 UTC 2011

On 19.5.2011 15:56, R P Herrold wrote:

> There is an old piece of wisdom in IT to avoid the public 'dot
> zero' products so that some-one else gets to be the advance
> guard scout (you know, the one who staggers back to base camp,
> festooned wth arrows in him)

Oh Lord! If everyone would avoid 'dot.zero' products then no bugs would
be discovered and no 'dot.one' product would be released. You basically
tell me if I cant resist and try I am an idiot and are beta testing for
you. So I am reacting and try to resist using 'dot.zero' hoping that you
will do the beta tests for me instead. Leading to stagnation. Possibly
it works out (for one of the two of us), but I would not call it wisdom.
There is another "piece of wisdom" that says "Never change a running
system", which forbids updates anyway.

--
Kind Regards, Markus Falb