[CentOS] Creating a Centos endorsed 3rd part repo

Ned Slider ned at unixmail.co.uk
Fri May 20 12:51:31 UTC 2011

On 20/05/11 13:31, Keith Roberts wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I'd like to put together a small repo for Centos packages
> that I build on my machine, and make them available for
> other Centos users.
>
> Are there any guidlines for creating an officially endorsed
> Centos 3rd party repo please?
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Keith Roberts

No, because CentOS will not officially endorse anything that it does not
build (and sign) itself.

You are talking about a community 3rd party repo. Rather than reinvent
the wheel, why don't you just contribute (and maintain) your packages in
an existing repository. RPMforge would be a good choice and I'm sure
would welcome your contribution.

What packages did you have in mind? Are you sure they don't exist
somewhere already?