[CentOS] Creating a Centos endorsed 3rd part repo

Keith Roberts keith at karsites.net
Fri May 20 13:15:02 UTC 2011

On Fri, 20 May 2011, Ned Slider wrote:
> From: Ned Slider <ned at unixmail.co.uk>
> Subject: Re: [CentOS] Creating a Centos endorsed 3rd part repo
>
> On 20/05/11 13:31, Keith Roberts wrote:
>> Hi all.
>>
>> I'd like to put together a small repo for Centos packages
>> that I build on my machine, and make them available for
>> other Centos users.
>>
>> Are there any guidlines for creating an officially endorsed
>> Centos 3rd party repo please?
>>
>> Kind Regards,
>>
>> Keith Roberts
>>

> No, because CentOS will not officially endorse anything that it does not
> build (and sign) itself.

OK - I can understand the reasons for that :)

> You are talking about a community 3rd party repo. Rather than reinvent
> the wheel, why don't you just contribute (and maintain) your packages in
> an existing repository. RPMforge would be a good choice and I'm sure
> would welcome your contribution.

I'm sure they would Ned. But I want to learn how to do the
whole repository thing myself - not just build packages for
another very good 3rd party repo.

> What packages did you have in mind? Are you sure they don't exist
> somewhere already?

Things like qps and the latest version of Kompozer.

So are there any guidlines on creating a community 3rd party
repo that would make it into the Centos Wiki pages please?

Kind Regards,

Keith

Websites:
http://www.karsites.net