[CentOS] OT: RHEL 6.1 is out

Brunner, Brian T. BBrunner at gai-tronics.com
Mon May 23 16:55:38 UTC 2011

> How about a fundamental change? A completely open development process
> like at Fedora?

Fedora is not suitable to what CentOS is, for several reasons.
1: Fedora is a bleeding-edge engineering development project, CentOS is
a reverse-engineering effort.
2: Fedora is for avid hobbyists, CentOS is for the whole Linux-based
computing industry.
3: Fedora has no promise to any company that their product does what is
expected, CentOS has one promise: bug-for-bug-identical with RHEL.

Fedora is Perpetual Beta, CentOS is never less than "no-surprises" Rock
Solid.

CentOS does not ever miss a delivery date promise, because it NEVER
MAKES any delivery date promise.

> CentOS is a great operating system. But many people have lost

Count the "many" please.  Show where you get the "many", please.
"I am called Legion, for we are many". (with apologies to the several
thousand devils who were subsequently given leave to enter into several
thousand swine, who have yet to complain about CentOS' much-awaited
delivery).

Posters on this list are "The Few, The Loud, The Marines" (with
apologies to any Real Marines who read this list).

The "closed, trusted builders" of CentOS are going to stay that way for
as long as a "no-surprises" build-target remains a build-target.

It's not about "time to release", it's about trust among the builders as
to what is built, called CentOS, and released.

Insert spiffy .sig here:
Life is complex: it has both real and imaginary parts.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the
moments that take our breath away.

//me