[CentOS] OT: RHEL 6.1 is out

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Tue May 24 20:33:08 UTC 2011

Brunner, Brian T. wrote:
> centos-bounces at centos.org wrote:
>> James B. Byrne wrote:

>>> No! No! This topic IS the RAPTURE.  First there will be wars and
>>> rumours of wars.  .  .
>
> Flamewars and rumors of flamewars...
>

>> That's ok, this isn't the thread you want. Move along, move along....
>>
>>         mark "you can go about your business..."
>
> Jedi and their "never mind" tricks.  Jeesh.
>
> When the 7th seal is opened there will be "silence in heaven for about
> the space of half an hour" (Rev 8:1), implying that the net will be down
> world-wide.  THAT will cause Armageddon all by itself (Rev 9:16, 16:16).

Nahhh, the 'Net won't be down, but all those people who a) should never be
allowed near a keyboard, and b) have said something WRONG on the 'Net,
will suddenly be silenced, whether because they've suddenly thought about
what they were saying, or because millions of voices suddenly cry out in
fear and terror....

And then we'll be able to log them off, and finish cleaning the Internet.

> Shortly thereafter an Angel will decree that there will be time no
> longer (Rev 10:6).  THAT will wreck *serious* havoc for all time- or

No, in fact, time will be shorter - they'll announce a new shorter tick
for the atomic clocks.

> time-card related businesses and laws.  Synchronous data streams will be

Ah, but ethernet packets will continue, correctly.

> "a thing of the past" (pun intended).  Skynet will probably launch on
> everybody (Rev 13:13), as it can't tell friend from foe, as all tokens
> are "timed out" (pun intended).

And they'll have to resort to using RFC 1149 or RFC 2549.

> Yesiree, before the Great Rapture, we who read this list are all going
> to be out of work.

I thought that wasn't till Oct. 21. Or maybe he's missed another decimal
point. Wonder if it will coincide with the prediction from latest edition
of Edgar Cayce's posthumous book, of when Atlantis will rise from the
Atlantic?

> Who want to try to top me for spiritual silliness?

All I can say is, beam us up Scotty, there's *no* intelligent life here.

          mark