[CentOS] A Group is Its Own Worst Enemy (was: EL 6 rollout strategies? (Scientific Linux))

Tue May 17 15:33:37 UTC 2011

Lamar Owen wrote:
> On Tuesday, May 17, 2011 07:56:59 AM Jerry Franz wrote:
>> On 05/17/2011 03:06 AM, John Doe wrote:
>> > Maybe all the non-technical discussions could go into a "CentOS
>> > Politics/Philosophy" new list...?
>>
>> And on that note, some required reading for everyone in this floating
>> flame war. Don't skim it - read it.
>
> That is a good read; particularly the piece about the probability of a
> group asking for a moderator is directly proportional to the age of the
> group (not an exact quote).

If we *really* need a moderator, here's an option: soc.religion.paganism
has a robomoderator; on topic posts get autoapproved, obviously off-topic
get bounced, and if there's any question, they get randomly bounced to a
configurable number of human moderators, allowing for load balancing on
the humans (and vacations, sick time, etc).

        mark