[CentOS] A Group is Its Own Worst Enemy (was: EL 6 rollout strategies? (Scientific Linux))

Tue May 17 15:44:54 UTC 2011
Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu>

On Tuesday, May 17, 2011 11:33:37 AM m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> If we *really* need a moderator, here's an option: soc.religion.paganism
> has a robomoderator; on topic posts get autoapproved, obviously off-topic
> get bounced, and if there's any question, they get randomly bounced to a
> configurable number of human moderators, allowing for load balancing on
> the humans (and vacations, sick time, etc).

I had actually thought along the lines of the IRC centbot......just need IBM's Watson to do the decode of the post, and fire up a centbot e-mail based on it.  Banning the thread in mailman after the centbot posts would be extra good.  The hard part is the 'IBM's Watson doing the decode' .....

Although this sounds like a job for a Bayesian filter, really.  Just need to feed the filter the CentOS list archives in their entirety, and categorize them....

Either that or adopt the Slashdot method of moderation: 'hey, you get five days, but if you reply to the thread you get no more....'