[CentOS] OT: RHEL 6.1 is out

Fri May 20 12:55:22 UTC 2011
Drew <drew.kay at gmail.com>

> If you deferred releasing a 6.0 and instead immediately started working on
> 6.1, how much additional time would that add to getting 6.1 out? I'm not so
> much asking for an actual estimate, as I am whether it would be easier just
> to go directly to 6.1 if it fixes any issues that make building the release
> easier.

An .1 release is basically a .0 release + patches so I don't see any
real difference. The hard part is reverse engineering the .0 release
build environment and the .1 follows pretty quick from there.
Occasionally a .x release breaks the environment and you get
situations like 5.6 was.

Just my $0.02 form trolling the lists the last few years. :-)

--
Drew

Waiting patiently for 6.x so he can try out KVM stuff without having
to do a from scratch reinstall.