[CentOS] OT: RHEL 6.1 is out

Fri May 20 12:58:35 UTC 2011
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 05/20/2011 07:46 AM, Kenneth Porter wrote:
> --On Thursday, May 19, 2011 10:22 AM -0400 R P Herrold
> <herrold at owlriver.com> wrote:
>
>> and look at all the anaconda related, and other fixes, that
>> should have been in a dot zero release ... gee
>
> At the risk of opening another can of worms:
>
> If you deferred releasing a 6.0 and instead immediately started working on
> 6.1, how much additional time would that add to getting 6.1 out? I'm not so
> much asking for an actual estimate, as I am whether it would be easier just
> to go directly to 6.1 if it fixes any issues that make building the release
> easier.

We basically need to get an almost fully functional version of 6.0
working anyway.  In order to build the 6.1 packages, we need a fully up
to date 6.0 tree to use for the build roots.

The only thing that might speed up the 6.1 release process is to skip
the anaconda generated ISOs for 6.0.  But, in reality we are fairly
close on 6.0 at this point, we may as well release it since we need a
tree to build on anyway.