[CentOS] OT: RHEL 6.1 is out

Mon May 23 10:01:56 UTC 2011
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 05/22/2011 08:05 PM, Steven Crothers wrote:
> I think you're missing the point, if you read between the lines, the
> complaint I see is that CentOS (Community Enterprise Operating System)
> is not community based whatsoever. Displaying the self-righteous
> attitude you are doesn't earn you cookie points or make you look like
> you're important. What is important is that the CentOS project should
> have a different acronym, perhaps the Closed Enterprise Operating
> System?

OH ... and did you see this:

http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/2011-May/007605.html

Here, we are asking for someone to get involved with the project.  As
usual, the trolls who say CentOS is closed do not volunteer to help
actually do things.  Nothing from them but the sound of crickets when we
actually ask for help.