[CentOS] OT: RHEL 6.1 is out

Mon May 23 18:02:39 UTC 2011
Ljubomir Ljubojevic <office at plnet.rs>

Gordon Messmer wrote:
> On 05/22/2011 02:57 PM, R P Herrold wrote:
  > Having slept on that, I don't think my previous reply was direct to
your
> accusation.
<snip>
> My entire participation in the last long thread was directed at users
> who have unrealistic expectations of the CentOS release team.  One, in
> particular, thought that 6.1 should be available in less than a month.
> In the last two years, only 4.9 was released that quickly.  Expecting a
> new release in less than 30 days is unrealistic and leads to
> disappointment and frustration among users.  And suddenly, for a few
> messages in one thread, I'm "customarily" a troll?  I don't post often,
> and when I do I try to provide useful information.  I'm somewhat upset.
>   I think you've completely misinterpreted what was stated in the
> presentation to which you linked.  Protecting your project does not mean
> labeling every person that you disagree with a troll and blasting them.
>   You've been quite rude, and I hope you reconsider this new personal
> policy.

R P Herrold reacted to mail that looked like totally unnecessary. I will
not get into his reaction, but I was confused why you sent that mail and
to whom was directed.  I was not able to find a point that was not said,
  and was wondering why you posted it, then I disregarded it and forgot
it. I guess Herrold misinterpreted your post for trying to stir trouble.

I was first to suggest that C6.1 **might** be released in **about** a
month from C6.0. Why? Because I suspect that since RHEL 6.1 srpms are
already published, devs could use free time, while waiting for QA team
to find bugs, to dry-run 6.1 srpms and see how many problems there are.
Any having fresh experience with 6.0, they do not need to try to
remember what was it that made a problem several months ago, in case of
version to version time span. I believe that devs are already working on
  6.1, lightly but steadily.

Then everybody cough on that and started endless flame-war.

Ljubomir