[CentOS] Redhat vs centos vs ubuntu

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Nov 11 04:33:53 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-11-11 at 12:12 +0800, Christopher Chan wrote:

> I would not have said much if you have pushed Debian but Ubuntu? It's a
> joke. I only happen to have one Ubuntu Hardy server because I did not
> have a Centos disk at hand when I had to do an emergency installation of
> a box to take over the predecessor's read RH9 squid/nat box. I have no
> qualms learning the ropes of another distro but the Ubuntu distro takes
> the cake for faking a community and having tools that are way behind
> those available with RHEL/Centos. Does d-i support/have lvm on raid
> recipes yet?
----
yeah - community... see SADFL

http://www.ubuntu.com/project/about-ubuntu/governance

;-)

I don't know what you mean by 'd-1'
Seems you can do pretty much anything with their version of kickstart
(apparently they have incorporated anaconda now but I haven't ever used
it) and they also have preseed and I am using puppet and foreman so I
have other methodologies.

Craig

believed to be clean.