[CentOS] Changes at Red Hat confouding CentOS (was: What happened to 6.1)

Rajagopal Swaminathan raju.rajsand at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 18:11:19 UTC 2011

Greetings,

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 11:27 PM,  <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:
> Why don't you call your Congresscritter and Senator, and tell them you personally want to donate
> the money to replace everything we have that doesn't have IPMI, and pay
> for the time install and cable it all up? That would be *great*... of
> course, some of our latest servers have 48 cores, and we just got some 64
> core servers, so it might cost you a pretty penny....
>
> Oh, yes, and then there's the official requirement that I be here during
> business hours.

I have to apolgise here Dear Mark.

Your country has placed so may restrictions on "exports" that even
India (a de-facto nuclear power) does not have the privilege of having
such hardware. Even "Redhat" is afraid.

That said, I have had situation in IDC's where I have managed about 45
Rack servers and 10 Blades -- all (then) Sun X and V servers from
ground (tile floor up) for an App that is designed to tun on "only"
those servers. I know the enormous difficulties the customer faced,
and I had to help them justify.

So let us just chill.

--
Regards,