[CentOS] Applications on different deskops at startup

Kahlil Hodgson kahlil.hodgson at dealmax.com.au
Thu Nov 24 20:14:47 UTC 2011

On 24/11/11 22:27, Tony Molloy wrote:
> I have several desktops with applications running on them, mainly
> terminals. At login all the terminals start on desktop 1. How do I get
> them to start on the desktop they were running on at logoff. That's how
> it worked on Fedora 13/14 so it must be popssible ;-) just can't find
> the magic.

You might want to have a look at 'devilspie'.  That's what I use on F14
to control startup windows.  Don't know if that's in C6 by default though.

Kal

--
Kahlil (Kal) Hodgson                       GPG: C9A02289
Head of Technology                         (m) +61 (0) 4 2573 0382

Suite 1005
401 Docklands Drive
Docklands VIC 3008 Australia

"All parts should go together without forcing.  You must remember that
the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you.  Therefore,
if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason.  By all
means, do not use a hammer."  -- IBM maintenance manual, 1925