[CentOS] hello

Ljubomir Ljubojevic office at plnet.rs
Tue Nov 29 13:54:02 UTC 2011

Vreme: 11/29/2011 02:43 PM, LinuxIsOne piše:
> On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 8:23 AM, Ljubomir Ljubojevic<office at plnet.rs>wrote:
>> >  My advice is to download LiveDVD for testing porposes, but regular DVD
>> >  for installation. That way you will not miss out on anything from
>> >  regular installation (in case LiveDVD is missing anything).
>> >
> But since if I download the Live DVD, and cannot I install from it itself?
> (If) anything is missing, it could be installed from internet later..., is
> this possible or do I need to consume back the bandwidth for downloading
> non-LIVE image also....?

i am taking into account your lack of knowledge. IF LiveDVD lacks some
of the packages installed by default from installation DVD, then you
will not know which those packages are. That was the whole point of my
suggestion to go with regular installation DVD. I haven't got around to
testing LiveDVD so I do not have the answer.

If you have time to risk it (play/learn) then by all means install from
LiveDVD. It is not wrong, just might be the longer/harder way of
reaching the same goal. And it may not be harder at all. Your
choice/preference.

http://www.centos.org has links to Wiki and Forums, and this mailing
list is available also, so you can investigate/learn/ask.

--

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)

trusty Spiderman...