[CentOS] Redhat vs centos vs ubuntu

Fri Nov 11 14:04:04 UTC 2011
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 7:45 AM, John R. Dennison <jrd at gerdesas.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 02:28:26PM +0100, Alain Péan wrote:
>
> Seriously.  This is _not_ the list for this.  Readers should not have to
> wade through the morass of this thread or even spend the second or so
> required to thread kill it.  It's off-topic.  This is not an advocacy
> list to debate merits of one distro over another.  If you like Ubuntu,
> fine - we don't need to know about it.  If you don't like CentOS, fine,
> this list, however, isn't the venue to rattle on about it.

This thread and others like it are not about people not 'liking'
CentOS all of a sudden and everyone know that.  It is about what the
people who expected a reasonably current CentOS to be available may be
forced to use instead.

> If you are unhappy with CentOS then you need to think that perhaps you
> should be using something else.  And if you _are_ using something else
> why bother taking up my time and that of the thousands of other list
> members complaining about CentOS or expressing your various displeasures
> here?

We are pretty much all in the same boat here.  If someone can
authoritatively say that CentOS will never be more than a few weeks
(even months, whatever...) behind upstream, then such discussion will
end of its own accord.  Otherwise everyone needs a plan B.

> So I ask you, and all the others, to _please_ consider that the _vast_
> majority of active readers of this list don't care one way or another
> about opinions of CentOS vs Ubuntu or hearing, yet again, about your
> displeasure with whatever is irritating you today about CentOS.

Sorry, but I don't believe that there is any such vast majority that
isn't concerned about the situation.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com