[CentOS] Changes at Red Hat confouding CentOS

Tue Nov 15 21:06:48 UTC 2011
Nataraj <incoming-centos at rjl.com>

On 11/15/2011 06:42 AM, Steve Clark wrote:
> On 11/15/2011 09:35 AM, Reindl Harald wrote:
>> Am 15.11.2011 14:56, schrieb Timothy Murphy:
>>> But isn't everyone today using laptops for everyday use?
>> this is what some braindead developers seems to think
>> but it is not true nor will it never get true!
>>
>> why in the world should i use a laptop in my office if
>> i can have a Core i7 Quad combined with much more and
>> better hardware as ever possible in a laptop?
>>
>> why in the world should i use a laptop @home where i
>> have a dedicated place for a powerful machine with much
>> less heat and noise than a crappy laptop?
>>
>> i have worked long enough with laptops and they was, they are
>> and they will always be useless crap if you need power and
>> comfort while you do more as webbrowsing or read a handful
>> mails what i can do with my mobile
>>

> +1

This is a great thread,  I was just thinking about this last night
because I have a client to whom I send pgp encrypted email because of
the secure nature of his application data and he complains that he can't
read my email on his mobile device and then asks me to text him
authentication information for one of his servers.

I think mobile devices have their place, but they don't replace a
powerful desktop with a 1 or more good displays.

Look at http://www.fuduntu.org .  A whole new linux distro has sprung up
(and is actually becoming popular) around the Gnome 3/unity thing with
fedora and ubuntu because some people don't think that Linux GUI's
should be primarily oriented toward hand held devices.

Nataraj