[CentOS] UC What happened to 6.1

Wed Nov 16 18:07:44 UTC 2011
Nataraj <incoming-centos at rjl.com>

On 11/16/2011 02:21 AM, Rushton Martin wrote:
> One exception is those machines behind a firewall that does not allow
> downloads.  The only upgrade path then is to download on another machine
> and burn DVDs.  CR repos are not helpful in such a case!
Unfortunately, I don't know of any distros that cater to anyone with
that level of security requirement anymore (or even someone who just
didn't have an Internet connection).  There used to be distros where you
could receive updates monthly on a CDROM.  Nowaday's all distros that
I'm aware of require internet access.  I believe Apple has stopped
offering CD's or USB sticks of their OS and instead offer a BIOS that
knows how to install over the Internet.

Nataraj