[CentOS] the majority will NEVER use smartphones

Thu Nov 17 13:55:55 UTC 2011
Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net>

Am 17.11.2011 14:44, schrieb Les Mikesell:
> Not sure I understand - a soft keyboard only takes screen space when
> needed.  And a very popular device is making news about its voice
> input app that is sort-of usable.

i do not speak about soft-keyboard

i speak about wasting braindead space with big icons and big spaces between
icons to make interfaces better working with touch-displays while it wastes
space for users of a classical computer

and PLEASE do not tell me about usability of small icons for some people since
i am nearly blind on my right eye after some medical operations in the context
computer screen and have on the left one 60-75% - that does not change the
fact that i could jump in any developers face which is wasting space on
my screen so that i see finally the same on my 23" as some years before
with 17"

> I think we are only a few years away from fully usable voice controls
> which will eliminate any size requirements for your end point device.
> Keyboard input isn't really that great anyway.

*lol*

you really believe you want to write a letter with voice control?
you really believe you want operate with eclipse and voice control?
you really believe you want to operate in a root-terminal with voice control?
you really believe you want to edit config-files with voice control?
you really believe you want to work with spreadsheets and voice control?
you really believe you want to work with GIMP and voice control?
you really believe you want to edit videos with voice control?

you can replace "voice control" with "touch-keyboard"!

recognize that there are MANY users which are NOT plaing a little bit
with their devices - they are WORKING with their devices and in times
where nearly in all jobs computers are needed to do the daily work
it is simply ignorant start designing interfaces PRIMARY for the next
big thing because some homeusers are happy with all this crap