[CentOS] the majority will NEVER use smartphones

Thu Nov 17 14:10:03 UTC 2011
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 7:55 AM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:

>> I think we are only a few years away from fully usable voice controls
>> which will eliminate any size requirements for your end point device.
>> Keyboard input isn't really that great anyway.
>
> *lol*
>
> you really believe you want to write a letter with voice control?

Letters?  You mean the things that the Post Office used to deliver?
Who does that anymore?  Maybe a picture or video clip instead...

> you really believe you want operate with eclipse and voice control?
> you really believe you want to operate in a root-terminal with voice control?
> you really believe you want to edit config-files with voice control?
> you really believe you want to work with spreadsheets and voice control?
> you really believe you want to work with GIMP and voice control?
> you really believe you want to edit videos with voice control?
>
> you can replace "voice control" with "touch-keyboard"!
>
> recognize that there are MANY users which are NOT plaing a little bit
> with their devices - they are WORKING with their devices and in times
> where nearly in all jobs computers are needed to do the daily work
> it is simply ignorant start designing interfaces PRIMARY for the next
> big thing because some homeusers are happy with all this crap

I wouldn't call people doing any of those things 'computer users', but
rather developers, administrators, or editors.  Those jobs are all
necessary but they aren't what the majority of people do with devices
even now.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com