[CentOS] the majority will NEVER use smartphones

Thu Nov 17 14:23:11 UTC 2011

Christopher Chan wrote:
> On Thursday, November 17, 2011 10:10 PM, Les Mikesell wrote:
>
>> Letters?  You mean the things that the Post Office used to deliver?
>> Who does that anymore?  Maybe a picture or video clip instead...
>
> Gee...business people that's who...at least until we get some to use and
> legal digital signing. But please, there is no answer that is correct
> for all situations so let's drop this.
>>
>> I wouldn't call people doing any of those things 'computer users', but
>> rather developers, administrators, or editors.  Those jobs are all
>> necessary but they aren't what the majority of people do with devices
>> even now.
>
> And these users will use whatever they fancy but the devs will forever
> not get it (except maybe those that Steve Jobs whipped on a daily basis)
> so you can argue this till the cows come home. Let's also drop this too.

I'll make one last comment, before I drop this thread: y'know, I know this
*great* o/s with a ton of software, and it lets you do whatever you want
the way *YOU* want to, not the way some turkey in, say, Redmond, thinks
you should. It's called *Nix....

            mark