[CentOS] hello

Tue Nov 29 11:32:56 UTC 2011
Rob Kampen <rkampen at kampensonline.com>

LinuxIsOne wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am a Windows convert basically, but as a newbie, thinking of stability
> and a virus free OS, and the features like that of a server, I have come
> here.
>
> Well said that I am absolutely new, I would know the things in the course
> of time, since it is different from my daily job.......
>
> Can one please let me know about the difference between the two DVD
> torrents:
>
> CentOS-6.0-x86_64-bin-DVD.torrent<http://mirrors.hns.net.in/centos/6.0/isos/x86_64/CentOS-6.0-x86_64-bin-DVD.torrent>and

this is the torrent for the complete install DVD of CentOS 6.0 - it
actually loads onto 2 DVDs.
> CentOS-6.0-x86_64-LiveCD.torrent<http://mirrors.hns.net.in/centos/6.0/isos/x86_64/CentOS-6.0-x86_64-LiveCD.torrent>(which

this is the live CD-ROM version - a boot CD that loads CentOS 6.0 into
memory and runs directly.
> I found at
> http://mirrors.hns.net.in/centos/6.0/isos/x86_64/)
>
> Which one I have to download and install? Further at the same page (i.e.,
> at http://mirrors.hns.net.in/centos/6.0/isos/x86_64/), there are two more
> options of DVD1 and DVD2, so are these two more I have to download?

The complete install with multiple language support is on 2 DVDs
> Also for what purpose we have 'minimal' and 'netinstall'?

Minimal is just the very minimum of packages to have a very basic
machine running Linux
Netinstall is where the install system gets the installation files
directly off the internet to complete the installation