[CentOS] how to install standard software on systems with heterogeneous hardware?

Tue Nov 29 20:38:12 UTC 2011
Scot P. Floess <sfloess at nc.rr.com>

Ah OK - sorry if I misunderstood you...

I definitely see your point.  I suppose for me if I have to do something
more than once, I like automation (like Cobbler).  I do a ton of
tinkering, trashing machines, spinning up VMs, etc - it just became
tedious.  Truth be known - initially I spent sooo much time learning
Cobbler.  But that time has since paid off...

Quite honestly, the way Cobbler is structured - the templating is so very
easy to learn...I think I spent one morning reading up on it and I was
proficient enough to denote packages for any given machine (really why I
responded in the first place)...