[CentOS] What happened to 6.1

Giles Coochey

giles at coochey.net
Fri Oct 21 13:33:09 UTC 2011

On Fri, October 21, 2011 15:23, Johnny Hughes wrote:

> There is SOME QA ... just not all the QA that they get as part of the
> main release.
>
> They are not right off the build and into the server ... we do our
> functionality test suite prior to pushing CR (and other tests, and look
> for repo closure).  They are fairly well vetted.
>
> We are trying to serve two masters here ... fast release and fully
> tested release.  CR is the middle of that and a compromise that should
> work and not break things AND still allow us to do the testing we want
> for the main release too.
>
> So, you should expect more issues from CR than the main tree ... but the
> risk should be minimal for any kind of major breakage.
>
> For what its worth, I use CR on the machines I manage in production.

OK. So my question is. I have Centos 6.0 installed on a couple of systems.

I have not modified any repos or installed any repos etc...

Am I receiving security updates via 'yum update', which as far as I can
tell hasn't installed any updates for quite a few months??

If not, what do I need to do to get security updates?

These are not production systems, but I don't want to break anything
unless it's broken already (i.e. security vulnerabilities and bug fixes).