[CentOS] What happened to 6.1

Bowie Bailey

Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com
Fri Oct 21 13:39:52 UTC 2011

On 10/21/2011 9:33 AM, Giles Coochey wrote:

> OK. So my question is. I have Centos 6.0 installed on a couple of systems.
>
> I have not modified any repos or installed any repos etc...
>
> Am I receiving security updates via 'yum update', which as far as I can
> tell hasn't installed any updates for quite a few months??
>
> If not, what do I need to do to get security updates?
>
> These are not production systems, but I don't want to break anything
> unless it's broken already (i.e. security vulnerabilities and bug fixes).

You have two choices.

1)  Enable the CR repo.  This will let you update to packages that have
been built for 6.1 as they become available.  It is possible that there
might be a few minor issues with these packages as they have been built
for 6.1, but they should be fine for the most part.

2) Leave things as they are and when 6.1 becomes available, your normal
'yum update' will update you to 6.1 all at once.  The downside here is
that you have to wait until 6.1 is done before you get any more updates.

--
Bowie