[CentOS] HP Smart Array B110i SATA RAID Controller

Mon Oct 24 10:04:20 UTC 2011
Richard Gliebe <richard.gliebe at fhv.at>

Hello,

I'm trying to install CentOS 6.0 64bit on a HP ProLiant ML110 G7 with a
HP Smart Array B110i SATA RAID Controller.

One logical drive (RAID 1+0) on the RAID Controller is already build.

CentOS Installation can't find the logical Drive, but it shows me the
zwo physical drives (sda+sdb). After searching the web, I found
following hints:

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-hardware-18/raid-array-not-detected-new-hp-ml150g6-server-739130/

http://linuximagination.blogspot.com/2011/04/centos-installer-wasnt-detecting-sata.html

OK. Downloaded the file "hpahcisr-1.2.6-7.rhel5.x86_64.dd.gz" and do the
dd from another Linux workstation.

# dd if=hpahcisr-1.2.6-7.rhel5.x86_64.dd.gz of=/dev/sdb (4Gig USB Stick)

starting the CentOS 6.0 64 bit installation from the DVD

boot: linux dd

After loading the kernel, the installer is asking whether I have
driverdisk and asked to indicate which drive (sdc)

/dev/sdc is my 4Gig USB Stick.

My problem is now, the step "Driver Disk" is failed:
Failed to mount driver disk.

any hints are very, very welcome.

Thanks in advance
Richard