[CentOS] HP Smart Array B110i SATA RAID Controller

Mon Oct 24 10:14:10 UTC 2011
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 10/24/11 3:04 AM, Richard Gliebe wrote:
> I'm trying to install CentOS 6.0 64bit on a HP ProLiant ML110 G7 with a
> HP Smart Array B110i SATA RAID Controller.
>
> One logical drive (RAID 1+0) on the RAID Controller is already build.
>
> CentOS Installation can't find the logical Drive, but it shows me the
> zwo physical drives (sda+sdb). After searching the web, I found
> following hints:

wild guess says, that isn't really a raid controller, that its a
fake-raid, such as an Intel Matrix, where the 'raid' is done purely in
the BIOS and the Windows Driver.

you're better off reconfiguring that for JBOD in the BIOS, and letting
Linux see the physical disks (which it does, anywayas), and implementing
mdraid mirroring in Linux natively.