[CentOS] You suggestion for 'big' filesystem management Best Practice?

Fri Oct 28 09:11:19 UTC 2011
Rajagopal Swaminathan <raju.rajsand at gmail.com>

Greetings,

2011/10/28 Götz Reinicke <goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de>:
> Hi,
>

> The iSCSI RAID we have is about 26TB netto and I'm again faced with the
> question: How many partitions, which filesystem, which mount options etc.
>
> My favourite for now is 3 to 4 filesystems with the default ext4
> settings. (Redhat EL 5.7, may be soon 6.1)

You should seriously consider XFS (supported natively in RHEL and
hence Centos 6) for any single filesystem >16TB. (EXT4 supports only
upto 16TB)

If you are going to have an RHCS for HA, then GFS2. But I cant comment
on its performance for streaming applications etc.

--
Regards,

Rajagopal