[CentOS] What happened to 6.1

Fri Oct 28 17:17:00 UTC 2011
Patrick Lists <centos-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl>

On 10/28/2011 06:53 PM, Les Mikesell wrote:

>>> With _no additional restrictions_ on subsequent redistribution.
>>
>> Losing access to RHN does not in any way restrict my redistribution of source I already have in my possession.
>
> Errr, what?   What _is_ a restriction if not a penalty applied as a
> consequence of doing the restricted thing?

Disclaimer: IANAL

It seems the GPL requirements are met so then there is no GPL related
restriction. If you exercise your GPL induced rights and redistribute
the RHN src then there is nothing wrong with Red Hat deciding to no
longer want you as a customer. You still got to exercise your rights.
But once you are no longer a customer and thus no longer receiving RHN
binaries from Red Hat then Red Hat is under no obligation to share with
you anything from RHN anymore.

How is, say, being
> required to pay a license fee as a consequence different from losing
> something you have already contracted and paid for?

It would surprise me if Red Hat would not refund the customer or let
them ride out the term of what they have already paid for. And didn't
the customer agree to Red Hat's terms (AUP) when they signed the contract?

Regards,
Patrick