[CentOS] CentOS 6 Bug Fix Announcements

Fri Oct 28 22:15:23 UTC 2011
Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu>

On Friday, October 28, 2011 05:55:06 PM Karanbir Singh wrote:
> We should have all the announcements out and caught up by the middle of
> next week.

FWIW, announcements or no announcements, I've been pretty happy to see the updates coming through CR, and I thank you and the team for this.  Back when it was first mentioned I wasn't actually too enthralled with the idea, but what a difference a few months makes.  If it weren't for the legwork in making CR a reality the lag in getting 6.1 out would be very difficult to rationalize.

The 6.0 to 6.1 anaconda changes alone must be giving you guys fits; from what I've gathered, both in actually installing C6.0 versus RHEL 6.1 as well as in the upstream release notes, there were fairly extensive fixes implemented in anaconda.

I've not looked at the beta 6.2 release notes yet....