[CentOS] Timeframe for httpd update (CVE-2011-3192)

Always Learning centos at u61.u22.net
Thu Sep 1 12:59:58 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-09-01 at 14:47 +0200, Timo Schoeler wrote:

> thus Always Learning spake:

> > Please remember excellent CENTOS is a FREE product produced by
> > VOLUNTEERS.

> First possibility: I don't get your sarcasm.

Timo,

My comment was not intended to be sarcastic. It was a factual statement
made by me because I am always aware how lucky we are to have a good,
stable and reliable operating system created (or converted) and
maintained by volunteers.

The volunteers have ordinary lives and paying jobs in addition to their
voluntary tasks for Centos.  They can have very busy days, sick days and
problems with their paying work, family, friends and community et cetera
which reduce the time and energy they have for their Centos
volunteering.  Despite this, I think the volunteers do a praise-worthy
job which benefits all of us.

Being realistic, pragmatic and understanding is probably advantageous.

Mfg,

Paul.