[CentOS] CentOS 6 + XEN problem

Rudi Ahlers Rudi at SoftDux.com
Tue Sep 6 07:17:00 UTC 2011

On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 3:12 PM, Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik at iki.fi> wrote:

> Did you try using mayoung's "xendom0" kernel rpms? They're based on actual rhel 6.0/6.1 kernels..
> (the kernel you're using now sounds like upstream kernel - not rhel6 kernel).
>
> xen hypervisor/tools rpms: http://xenbits.xen.org/people/mayoung/EL6.xen/
> xendom0 kernel for el6: http://xenbits.xen.org/people/mayoung/testing/

How stable are those kernels? I couldn't find much info about mayoung
on the internet, so I don't know how trustworthy he, or his work is.

> And: http://wiki.xen.org/xenwiki/RHEL6Xen4Tutorial

I read that tutorial but it seems very specific to Red Hat and since I
work on CentOS some of the options there don't apply, but I don't know
if it could cause any problems.

Has anyone applied those steps to a CentOS system?