[CentOS] CentOS 6 Partitioning Help

Thu Sep 1 01:51:51 UTC 2011
Jonathan Vomacka <juvix88 at gmail.com>

John,

The server which is housed at the datacenter only has a single 1TB
drive. Just to confirm, LVM allows you to increase and decrease space on
any partition on the fly, but setting each volume manually with EXT4 is
a physical mount?

If I were to set hard limits by setting each volume on EXT4 (not using
the LVM option), do you recommend only setting up a /, /boot, and SWAP?
In the past this was my partition scheme:

Root filesystem (/) = 10240MB (10GB)
/boot = 200MB
swap =  1024MB (1GB)
/var = 20480MB (20GB)
/tmp = 10240MB (10GB)
/usr = 51200MB (50GB)
/home = all remaining space on the drive

Is the above a bad partition?