[CentOS] CentOS 6 + XEN problem

Fri Sep 2 14:26:25 UTC 2011
Nicolas Thierry-Mieg <Nicolas.Thierry-Mieg at imag.fr>

Digimer wrote:
> On 09/02/2011 09:49 AM, R P Herrold wrote:
>> On Fri, 2 Sep 2011, Rudi Ahlers wrote:
>>
>>> Does anyone know what version of XEN works fine with CentOS 6?
>>>
>>> I installed XEN on a CentOS 6 server, as per these instructions:
>>> http://www.crc.id.au/xen-on-rhel6-scientific-linux-6-centos-6-howto/

<snip>
>> _Please_ be considerate, use the proper venue, brush and floss
>> after meals, and research before posting ;)
>>
>> -- Russ herrold
>
> That was hardly called for. If you find a post off topic or
> uninteresting, just delete it. Either no one will reply or, if there is
> interest in the question, others will and the question will be decided
> to have value.

having someone reply to an OT post doesn't make it on-topic. It just
makes thousands of users have to delete another email.
Similarly, having a helpful user give the answer that the OP would have
found as google hit number 1, wastes everybody else's time.

So: use the proper venue instead of posting everything and anything
here, and research before posting, are totally appropriate requests.

> If we keep acting rude, we will tear apart this community. Please, for
> our collective sake, be more polite.

How was Russ's reply rude? He actually took the time to explain
things... and remained civil doing it.