[CentOS] Centos Realtek Network driver for Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC

Tue Sep 6 18:01:59 UTC 2011

Rajagopal Swaminathan wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I am tearing my hair at getting this to work under centos 5.5/Ubuntu
> 10.04.
>
> Any suggesstions (Repos, RPMs etc)?
>
> My MB Intel embedded NIC blow up after a lightning (Mumbai get _real_
> heavy mansoon rains inter alia).
>
> I want this to make work under Centos 5.x (and 6.x subsequently who
> DVD I have been downloading with a pithy 128kbps connection).

Sorry, but I don't have a clue of what your problem *is*. Are you saying
you had a surge, and it burned out the NIC, and you're trying to use an
card?

Also, what kind of connection do you have: is it T-3, T-1, DSL, FIOS, or
cable?

        mark