[CentOS] disk duplication question

Fri Sep 9 13:11:21 UTC 2011
Thomas Johansson <thomasj at isy.liu.se>

On 2011-09-09 14:22, Jerry Geis wrote:
>    I have need to duplicate centos 6 on 133 computers.
> I purchased a disk duplicator make my master and the duplicator does 11
> at a time.
>
> All is good so far...
>
> When I take a duplicated disk and stick it in the "new" box which is
> different than the
> master machine of course all seems to work except the network.
>
> Is this the correct way to do this?
> Making a master and being able to stick the duplicated disk in another
> machine?

Take a look at automated install using pxe. That way you can install all
clients identical with a short command on each client. Some scripting is
of course necessary to define the kickstart scripts. Several good
tutorials on this topic are available. Below is the a link to the centos
intro on this.

http://www.centos.org/docs/5/html/Installation_Guide-en-US/ch-kickstart2.html

/THomas