[CentOS] Error in updating to 5.7

Thu Sep 15 03:40:34 UTC 2011
Nataraj <incoming-centos at rjl.com>

On 09/14/2011 07:15 PM, Nick wrote:
> I also encountered a similar problem.
>
> "yum clean all" did not resolve it, but *not* installing the CR prior to the
> update repo did.
>
> I think the problem is that my update script was still installing
> centos-release-cr-5.6 (the URL was hardwired, as I couldn't think of a simple
> way to get the correct one).  The script also installs the CR repo prior to the
> update and uninstalls it afterwards, since I wasn't sure if the CR repo would
> continue to exist when 5.7 was released (the CR wiki page [1] says "The
> repository will go-away once the packages are released via the regular process").
>
> However, it seems that the CR repo is still there, and a centos-release-5.7
> upgrade is available through it.
>
> Is it safe/advisable to leave the CR repo installed in-perpetuity?  Or do I need
> to remove it after using it, if I want to prevent potential yum-upgrade errors
> if it does go away?

> 1. http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories/CR
Shouldn't some of these packages be mutually exclusive?  Note this
system was originally installed with Centos 5.  I'm not sure why I have
an epel-release-5-4 package installed.  I did not have any problems with
the upgrade.

aspen> rpm -qa | grep -i release
epel-release-5-4
centos-release-notes-5.7-0