[CentOS] centos product specification

Sat Sep 17 02:44:49 UTC 2011
Always Learning <centos at u61.u22.net>

On Sat, 2011-09-17 at 03:32 +0100, Ned Slider wrote:

> As I said above, this isn't something people can volunteer for - only
> a very select few have the appropriate privileges to perform the task.
> There are trust issues.
>
> However, you can file a bug report against the website.

What is the point in 'complaining' by filing a BUG report when it is
conspicuously evident the existing web person(s) can not cope because
they have insufficient time or have died or have withdrawn from an
active Centos involvement.

Ideally the Centos Management Board could use this list and other lists
to ask for web help.

You wrote about 'trust issues'. Surely it just a web site which can have
access restricted to all the web pages or some of them and that access
be withdrawn for 'trust issues' after the volunteers have finished
updating it ? That is very easy to do on Centos / Apache.

Another method is to give the volunteers a demo sub-domain, for example:
new.centos.org, and let the volunteers construct an updated version
there. When it is approved by the Centos Management Board, those
refreshed web pages can be moved to www.centos.org. Simple, eh (and not
a trace of SQL joins or views anywhere)  :-)

Best regards,

Paul.