[CentOS] centos product specification

Sat Sep 17 03:06:21 UTC 2011
Ned Slider <ned at unixmail.co.uk>

On 09/17/2011 03:44 AM, Always Learning wrote:

> On Sat, 2011-09-17 at 03:32 +0100, Ned Slider wrote:
>
>> As I said above, this isn't something people can volunteer for - only
>> a very select few have the appropriate privileges to perform the task.
>> There are trust issues.
>>
>> However, you can file a bug report against the website.
>
> What is the point in 'complaining' by filing a BUG report when it is
> conspicuously evident the existing web person(s) can not cope because
> they have insufficient time or have died or have withdrawn from an
> active Centos involvement.

Because as far as the CentOS Project is concerned, if there isn't a bug
report the issue doesn't exist. Those that can fix the issue don't
necessarily read the users mailing list so the correct thing to do is
file a bug report.

> Ideally the Centos Management Board could use this list and other lists
> to ask for web help.
>
> You wrote about 'trust issues'. Surely it just a web site which can have
> access restricted to all the web pages or some of them and that access
> be withdrawn for 'trust issues' after the volunteers have finished
> updating it ? That is very easy to do on Centos / Apache.
>
> Another method is to give the volunteers a demo sub-domain, for example:
> new.centos.org, and let the volunteers construct an updated version
> there. When it is approved by the Centos Management Board, those
> refreshed web pages can be moved to www.centos.org. Simple, eh (and not
> a trace of SQL joins or views anywhere)  :-)

There is an ongoing Website V2 sub-project that has been running for
some time:

http://wiki.centos.org/WebsiteVer2
http://qaweb.dev.centos.org/websitever2/

Feel free to get involved.