[CentOS] {SOLVED} Re: PDF Reader/Editor for CentOS 5.7 (32 bit)?

Wed Sep 21 18:46:52 UTC 2011

Lanny Marcus wrote:
> wrote:
>> I had, in the past, a .pdf reader that also permitted me to fill in
>> some information, when I received a .pdf file.
<snip>
> Adobe Reader is only a "reader" as I assumed it would be. Some PDF
> readers can also fill in forms, do editing, etc., however not Adobe
> Reader.
<snip>
I don't know what's wrong, other than the possibility that wherever you
got the form, they did *not* make it so that you can fill it out on your
system. Note that *every* instance that I've done that, acroread tells me
that I *must* print it, and that I *cannot* save it filled out.

That, of course, is solved by the pdfprinter driver for CUPS, though that
leaves me with a filled out, but un-re-editable document.

And yes, I have a bunch of purchase requests that I filled out in the last
couple of years that were like this, and yes, I used acroread.

          mark