[CentOS] {SOLVED} Re: PDF Reader/Editor for CentOS 5.7 (32 bit)?

Fri Sep 23 17:47:53 UTC 2011
Lanny Marcus <lmmailinglists at gmail.com>

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 1:46 PM,  <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:
> Lanny Marcus wrote:
>> wrote:
>>> I had, in the past, a .pdf reader that also permitted me to fill in
>>> some information, when I received a .pdf file.
> <snip>
>> Adobe Reader is only a "reader" as I assumed it would be. Some PDF
>> readers can also fill in forms, do editing, etc., however not Adobe
>> Reader.
> <snip>
> I don't know what's wrong, other than the possibility that wherever you
> got the form, they did *not* make it so that you can fill it out on your
> system. Note that *every* instance that I've done that, acroread tells me
> that I *must* print it, and that I *cannot* save it filled out.
>
> That, of course, is solved by the pdfprinter driver for CUPS, though that
> leaves me with a filled out, but un-re-editable document.
>
> And yes, I have a bunch of purchase requests that I filled out in the last
> couple of years that were like this, and yes, I used acroread.
>
>          mark

Mark: I now have Adobe Reader 9 installed on the M$ Windows side and
also on the Linux side of this box. Both show among the plugins, the
Acrobat Forms plugin is Not loaded. Possibly if that plugin can be
loaded, in Adobe Reader, one can fill in forms.

On the Windows side, I have a Freeware program, Nitro PDF Reader 2,
that is very slick.

On the Linux side, I have  pdfedit and my guess is that if it had the
kind of Help files that Nitro PDF Reader 2 does, that pdfedit can do
most or all of the things Nitro PDF Reader 2 can do.

pdfedit will do what I need to do, unless and until I find something
better, that installs easily on CentOS 5.7  Thanks again for your
help! Lanny